View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
I'm looking for opinions and advise from anyone whose had surgery that involves your chest or torso. I recently had open heart surgery and per doctors orders, no bending, lifting, blah, blah, blah. So I can't bend over my cutting table to cut fabric. I can't "hunch" over my sewing machine to sew. (I do this because I am legally blind and it's the only way I can "see" what I"m doing.) It's driving me nuts not to be able to sew and I'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem and how did you resolve it. I'm on restriction for 4 to 6 weeks and I really don't want to wait that long. Actually, I'm already 2 weeks in, so I really only have 2 to 4 more weeks to go. I don't think I can hold out that long. I'm considering sitting down to do my cutting and maybe try to raise my machine some and see if this helps. What do you think? I would appreciate any and all feedback, good and bad, pros and cons. Thanks!!!
they make floor standing magnifying glasses that if you put it between you and the sewing machine might help you see it better and then you wouldn't have to scrunch over. My grandma had one she set by her chair so she could see to crochet. It swings in or out as you need it so you can move it.

Just a thought.