View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 10:03 AM
OdessaQuilts

Originally Posted by stefanib123
Odessa, you are not being a bit "snippy", this is exactly what I'm looking for! Everyone's responses are great and I'm sure will be big help!

You are correct in saying its not really my sewing the seams right. My problem is when I go to put the pieces together to sew them, they aren't the same size.

I'm going to carefully go over everything you guys have said, and see if I can't figure it out.

Or maybe I should just give it up and use my Cricut, LOL!
Glad we could help you. Don't be afraid to cut more than one layer at a time. When you get really good, you will lay 2 fabrics together, fact-to-face, and cut so you don't have to move them at all before sewing the seams. Talk about a more accurate method!
:wink:

I've been doing this a long time. Just recently discovered I've got about 8 or 10 45mm rotary cutters. :shock: Who knew? :shock: And I used to teach beginning quilting, so I would always try to work with my beginners and teach them how to use the rotary cutter so they didn't have to be afraid of it. Is it sharp? Yes. Will it cut you? You bet. Do you have to use it? No. But if you want clean, accurate cuts, it was the best method we had for a lot of years.

It's all a matter of getting familiar and comfortable with your equipment. You'll get this! I know you can do it. And WE want you to be successful, too.

Odessa