Old 08-12-2010, 03:35 PM
cindyg

I'm going. I'll be there Friday, Saturday & Sunday. I have a class with Linda Taylor long arm quilting on Friday morning and I am so excited I can't stand it. We eat in the GRB lunchroom - we don't want to waste shopping time trudging off somewhere else - LOL. If you sign up for a class, you will be given a name tag and you can come and go all over the convention center with that tag. I carry a tote and only the necessary things like money, credit card, driver's license, my list of things I want to look for, and lipstick. If you are flying you should bring only old clothes to wear then throw them away so you will have more room in your suitcase for goodies that you have purchased. I mean throw away socks and undies, too. Gotta make room. I have only one more thing to add - changing shoes 2 or 3 times a day helps relieve your back, legs and feet. You can keep your extra shoes in the package check if you don't want to tote them around. I commute from home all 3 days with my friend from Brenham in tow and my friend from Liberty meets us there. I am also on the Quilt in a Day forum and a few of us have been meeting at the quilt show the past several years. So much fun!!!

If you are coming from out of town, welcome to our city. I hope you enjoy your stay and particularly enjoy the Houston Int'l. Quilt Festival.