View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 04:39 PM
mpspeedy

Mary Anna, Once you have sewn with a Bernina it is hard to go back to anything else. When I worked for a Bernina dealer in the early 90's I was able to purchase a 1260 for wholesale. It has served me well for 16 years. It has a lot of mileage on it. I also purchased lots of feet for it and have used them all at one time or another. In the last year I also purchased a 220 when they were on sale. To my dismay it didn't have the knee bar or the control pedal that I was accustomed to on my older machine. I ended up putting almost another $250 into it to get those options. It does have more decorative stitches than my older macine. The main reason I purchased it is because it is at least 10lbs lighter in weight than my other machine. I love the both. I just wished the feet from my old machine fit the newer one. That is not possible since the newer machine has the threader. I also own a Bernina serger and a stand alone embroidery machine. I hope you enjoy and use your new machine as much as I do all of mine. Congratulations!