View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 05:55 PM
kay carlson

I am 5'9" tall and always use kitchen counter height surface when standing to cut material. I liked the suggestion for raising a table height with bed risers. Once you arrange your cutting surface at a higher level, you will definitely find you are using less energy to complete your task. I believe you get more accurate cuts with the rotary cutter when standing.

My adjustable height ironing board with removable, homemade Big Board allows me to adjust height for comfortable sitting position. I can plan, cut and do handwork at this comfort level while still keeping better posture. I like to think positive with "range of motion" just as if you were setting up workspace in a kitchen. :-)

One other brainstorm, please. I followed the advise of someone from the QB and purchased two rubber door stoppers at Wally World. I place them underneath the back edge of my sewing machine. This tips the machine slightly toward me.
The sewing surface is much easier for me to see :-) without hunching over or getting a sore neck.