View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Phyl

Originally Posted by hobo2000
You are so right. A very dear friend of mine was in the hospital so I took her one of my prettiest lap quilts. She seemed pleased and thanked me. Later when I visited her at home she was wrapped up in a rather dingy cheap blanket. I asked why she wasn't using the quilt and she said. That thing was too heavy for me to carry out of the hospital so I gave it to one of the nurses who helped me.
I have never made another thing for her. She is still my dear friend but she just didn't get it. She later asked me where I had purchased it,(it had my label on it). I told her I had made it from scratch. She asked if I would make one for her to give to her husbands nurse. I explained they take me 6-8 weeks to make and I generally get $300.00 for that size. WHAAAT? Yes mam. She thought I had just picked it up somewhere on the way to the hospital because "it didn't look homemade"....Oh well, live and learn!
I have a "friend" who needed a baby gift for two days later and said she didn't want to spend much on the gift so would I make a blanket quilt for her instead of her going out to get something. I let her know that it wasn't possible to make my lovely quilts in two days and it would cost her MUCH, MUCH more than if she went out for something. She had no clue but has now. I won't hear her ask me again! They just don't "get it", do they???????? Sigh......laugh.............it isn't worth the effort of being hurt.