Old 08-13-2010, 04:59 AM
Sewze

Originally Posted by harrishwhippets
What about our BOW TUCKS? Everyone is making them, showing them and some are even selling them. I have looked on my pattern and no where do it say anything about except all rights reserved. On the other hand I have bought Lazy girl patterns lately and just looked, it says as follows
This pattern is for personal use. Items cannot be made for sale for this pattern. I also have a McCalls pattern for bags and it only says All rights reserved.
So does this mean that if someone buys a pattern goes to a seamstress and has a dress made according to the pattern is this legal. I'm making a quilt from Fons & Porter right now and following the pattern but I'm giving it away and I will not be asking anyone for permission.
This is such a very hard thing to understand with all the pattern magazines out, we have all made quilts from them. I do not sell anything, but I was going to enter one in a show, not I have changed my mind.
Yes, what about our "Bow Tucks"? I just made a second one and gave it to my doctor, as she had admired mine so much, and she just loves it and me. I also just looked on the pattern and nowhere could I find any copyright reference.