View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 05:35 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Crumb quilting is a Crazy Quilt technique. I call my version Confusion. It is a form of quilting that has been handed down through the generations. We have just found a way to make the crazy patch without a backing to sew the pieces to.

Yes it is worth it. It is an art form that I enjoy. It isn't all about going green but it is an expression of creativity first and foremost. Each one of the blocks are unique and the finished project has a charm that can't be duplicated.

They are easy to make. You just lay two pieces of fabric together face to face and sew together. Trim a straight edge and add another swatch of fabric. It is a free form don't have to measure exersize that is fun to do! When you are done just cut a square out of the fabric you just created and use it for whatever you are making.

It is so easy I taught a 9 yr old to do it and she made a pillow out of hers and won a ribbon at the local fair.
I also used it for my twin grandsons first foray into quilting. They are 6. They loved it and it was so easy for them to do.