View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 05:48 AM
stefanib123

Sorry I haven't updated! I've been very busy, LOL!

All are doing great! The vet said they were in extremely good condition considering their circumstances. He estimated their age at 4-5 weeks (this was Monday). He said the coal mine actually helped with that, as they weren't exposed to the things in nature that most wild cats are. It kept them from getting parasites, fleas, etc. Mama cat knew what she was doing, didn't she?

He said keep giving them the formula for another week or two, in their dish is ok as long as they drink. Keep letting them have the soft cat food mixed with baby food( for all who said that, you were right!) and the Nutrical. I have to take them back for shots and worming.

As for water, they are drinking it fine now. I've got them set up in one of my dog crates now, one of the ones that are like wire all the way around, that folds up. I put them a little box in there with an old soft t-shirt, and their water and food dishes on the other end. I put their little temporary litter box right outside of it. They LOVE it!

I leave the door open when Im in the room and they can come and go. They will come out and play and then go back in their little bed/box and go to sleep.They can also see everything/everyone when they are in it, so I think they like that better than the one that had solid sides.

They can't fit through the spaces on this one, too. I carry it from room to room with me, LOL!

They are sleeping much better now! They've been going about 4-5 hours now without waking me up. They are playing much better now, too!

The best news, though, is that Simba(my cat) has taken up with them! He is grooming them, and playing with them and loving them. He was terrified of them at first!

Here's a pic of him grooming Gizmo with Daisy checking them out. She LOVES them.

Look at Simba's tounge, LOL!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]96451[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-96445.jpe   attachment-96446.jpe