Old 08-13-2010, 07:19 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by Annaquilts
HELP!

Looking for a way to make a 1/4 inch seam with a 15-91 Singer.

I thought we bought 1/4 inch foot for a Singer 15-91 low shaft as it was sold to us as such but it definitely is not a 1/4 inch when on the Singer 15-91. How do I obtain a 1/4 inch for piecing? Or do I need to resort to tape?
Use either the bed-mounted stitch gauge found with most accessory sets or one of the advertising magnets (rectangular and flat) on the bed the proper distance from the needle.

If you really want a 1/4" foot, the "Little Foot" works just great, and there are a number of others that do as well. Alphasew has a couple that I have used. I have also used the ankle from a Viking 6000 series and the 1/4" snap-on foot on my SS Singer machines. I don't really understand why the foot you bought would work on your 66 but not on a class 15 machine. Should work on it as well.
I don't really understand why the foot you bought would work on your 66 but not on a class 15 machine. Should work on it as well.[/quote]

Well we looked at it and on the 15 electric and the one that has the spoke wheel also the post the foot attaches too is in a different place then it is on the low shaft 66 I have in the treadle. I have not played with other feet to see how interchangable they are between a 66 and a 15 but my guess is there would be more feet that would have issues. The post on the 15 is way more to the left then the one on the 66. so much so that the needle when going down slightly knicks the metal on the foot. DH wants to add a tiny piece of metal to the foot. We ordered a different style foot and we'll see how that works. Thanks for any input and ideas.

I am not sure what a little foot is?