View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 07:28 AM
HisPatchwork

Originally Posted by DesertLake
I know, I never find anything fantasic, I don't get out much though. That is so cute!
Keep looking, I do not get out very often either. About 9 years ago I was driving my son to his lawn job. His arm was broken and he couldn't drive with the stick shift. His mower was self propelled. We went past a dumpster setting at the curb and I noticed fabric! I turned back real quick. It was definitly put there for someone to find, as the dumpster was empty, but on top were 3 scrappy quilt tops of old fabric. Some were even hand pieced. Also in the pile was a top made from the bottoms of wool suit pants {moth eaten a little}, and an old finished quilt complete with some rust stains from being stored between springs and mattress.

This one I backed with a pastel blue sheet, then tied it. I use this one everynight all year long.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]96474[/ATTACH]

another top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]96475[/ATTACH]

another top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]96476[/ATTACH]

The finished quilt has a lot of deteriorating fabric pieces. It was well worn. I only wish that there was some history written down on a label.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]96479[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-96469.jpe   attachment-96470.jpe   attachment-96471.jpe   attachment-96474.jpe