Thread: Hand Quilting
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 10:25 AM
rhueluna

Originally Posted by Candace
Although I can appreciate hand quilting, I don't care for the "look" of it and really prefer the artistry of good machine quilting. I decorated modern and don't care for antiques, country decor etc. I think it's important that if you hand quilters want to keep your art going, that you don't put down machine quilters and make comments like "it makes me sick" etc. It's definitely a put-off IMHO when people make disparaging comments about other people's art forms and preferences. Like I mentioned, I don't care for hand quilting, but I'd never make snarky comments about it.
I was referring to hand made quilt tops that a person spends a lot of time making, and then taking the fast route to finish it up. I love a lot of machine quilting when its not just a bunch of big loops to get it over with. I am sure your work is beautiful, and I have commented on the beautiful machine work of others. But just think about taking a beautifully hand worked top and sticking it in a machine to finish it off. That is what I was referring to. I meant no disrespect for your work. Crazy how people turn things around sometimes.