View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Bev

[quote/]I'd like to try liquid starch and make my own. But does it go bad? The Sta-Flo liquid starch is inexpensive.[/quote]

I think a similar thread to this one came around a while ago.
I wrote in a recipe for liquid spray starch that was passed around at my guild, but I'll have to look it up now. I still am using up the Niagara non-aerosole that I've had for a while. But to tell you the truth, I haven't had a bit of trouble with the Niagara since I started using it. The spray top is all plastic and doesn't give me any problems. I've never had it clog up or anything else go wrong with it. With the one you make, you have to keep the large refill bottle of it in the refrigerator or it will go bad. I'm told it gets a nasty smell.
The Niagara is certainly cheap enough. Someone even told me they get it at the dollar store.
Just to ensure that I don't get flakiness on my fabrics, I spray a little above the fabric, and let it sort of float onto it, then I wait a few seconds before pressing.
I guess that's the answer to flakiness because I've never had it happen with the Niagara. 8-)