View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Joanie2

I have a Babylock, a Janome and an Elna -- all computerized machines. I like them for different reasons. The Babylock was my first real computerized machine. Having used a Singer and a Kenmore for many years when I was ready to step up I looked at many brands, test drove and even borrowed the demo tape to study in my own time. Decide what features you want, just like a car -- do you want a "rabbit" feature that will allow you to learn and go slowly as you get started? Is automatic needle down or push button cutter on your list? Do you want an automatic threader? Do you plan to do a lot of embroidery with it? Is more stitch options better? Do you have any quilting or sewing friends who would be willing to let you borrow their machine for a few hours or more? It all comes down to what kind of sewing you plan to do, what features you want, how much you
want to spend and very importantly what kind of customer service your dealer gives. You want to be able to go back should you have any questions or problems. Good luck and happy sewing.