Old 08-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Honchey

Di
Originally Posted by wvdek
Originally Posted by wvdek
I am bummed. I bid on and won a 99K from 1955 on e-bay. Picked it up today at PO, ran errands most of day, got home, opened her up, and you guessed it - DAMAGED. Not real noticeable until you get her in the right lite and then there it is - a crack from front to along base of pedastal all the way through with a big old paint chip off down to bare metal. I cannot tell if damage was old or new, but I can tell you it was not noticeable in pics or represented by the seller. I have sent him an e-mail. Machine was insured so that may save my bacon.
As some may know, I have waited a long time to find a 99K and a FW from 1955, the year I was born. What a bummer! And with my camera being broken, I cannot take pics. AAARRRGGHHH! Ok, I am done venting. Thanks.
Have been in contact with seller. He has agreed to refund full purchase price plus shipping to me and back to him. He will wait for confirmation Shipping #, then when he receives said machine without further damage (:roll: ), and after I leave positive feedback, he will reimburse my monies. I say after he receives machine and I receive monies, then I will leave positive feedback.
How does this usually work for those of you who have had to do it or sell on e-bay?
How did you pay for it?? Paypal? Have you documented the damage so you can show him what condition it's in so that after you pack it he cannot claim any damages in return? He has to return all the monies you are out. period! I would notify ebay. if you in fact paid by Paypal--Ebay will notify paypal to pay you back. What is the listing # for this I want to check out his listing. I've had to do this twice in the last 4 mos.