Old 08-14-2010, 06:47 AM
jackkip

Originally Posted by mlaceruby
Ebay rules say a seller is not allowed to force positive feedback!
this is feedback extortion! report to ebay and he will never be allowed to sell again!
How can you leave positive feedback if you don't have your money??
file a claim with paypal not ebay
item not as described and give them the pictures and the tracking info for your return
when the item is delivered your money will be returned to you from paypal! it will be out of his hands
Do this before you ship back to him!
even if he is being fair this is just good common sense!
Personally I am getting where I hate Ebay. Seems like they only stick up for the big sellers. The little guys are always getting the shaft. Recently my DH bought a part for his truck. The seller sent an automatic response email. It said, I will only give you positive feedback back, once you have given me positive feedback. I wrote the seller and pointed out that I paid for my purchase as soon as the auction was over. My end of the deal was fulfilled and in a very timely manner. So therefore, his posting positive feedback should of occured at that time. Regardless of how my handling of his feedback.

The seller responded and said that the email was generated by Ebay and he had already posted positive feedback. So IMHO ebay is encouraging sellers to hold feedback hostage. Ebay is looking at who makes them the most money. It is not the occasional buyer. Needless to say, my ebay purchases are not what they use to be.