Old 08-14-2010, 06:52 AM
dunster
Power Poster

wvdek, so sorry you're having that problem, but at least the seller is working with you. Both paypal and ebay prefer (and require) that buyers/sellers try to resolve their differences before going through official channels, and that is what you are doing. It makes total sense that the seller would require you to send the machine back to him before he returns your money, and you have a paper/email trail of his promises to do so. (So if he reneges, you can take that information to paypal and ebay and get reimbursed.) The only issue seems to be feedback. In my opinion, positive feedback is not warranted, but negative feedback is not fair since the seller is making good. In this case I think that I would make an agreement with the seller that neither of you will provide feedback. The alternative would be to tell him up front that you will provide positive feedback but in the comments will state that the seller reimbursed a sale in which the sewing machine was damaged due to poor packing. Maybe give him his choice whether he would rather have that feedback or no feedback. The seller probably learned a lot from this whole experience, so the problem is not likely to occur again.