Old 07-27-2008, 04:41 AM
Riley

The Jane Stickle Quilt is in Webshots, Loretta--it is in the album labeled "WIP --Needs Quilting". I have more that needs quilting than has been quilted, unfortunately.

I really, REALLY need some clones, anyone have spare ones to loan or sell? :mrgreen:

The Feathered Stars themselves were made from various FQ's--- surprise gifts from friends to celebrate my 75th birthday.( 1 1/2 years ago.)
I wanted to use a pattern to really showcase the fabrics, because they mean something very special to me.
There are a lot of C/W Repos in there. I also mixed other fabric lines (probably an unpardonable sin in the quilting world but I piece & quilt to please myself. ha ha)

Thank you all so much for your kind comments & pats on the back! You encourage me to keep threading those needles!

Edited:
Elle, I do NOT use a stabilizer nor freezer paper when I applique.
I print the pattern on cardstock usually if I am going to do only one (I contact cement the pattern to template plastic, then to fine grit sandpaper if doing a lot of the same thing) draw around it with a permanant thin line pen (I am confident I can cover the line) & use my needle to turn it under, abt an inch at a time.

Riley