View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 11:15 AM
eeraemore

Does anyone have any tips on removing a sharpie marker? For lots of gifts that my inlaws give my daughter, they insist on writing her name on it and writing the date and who gave it to them "To Anna, from Grandma and Grandpa ____, August, 2010." It really bothers me. My MIL is very possessive and has her own issues, and this is just a tiny illustration about her personality.

Currently, my daughter is the only child. If we have two children, are they not going to be allowed to play with each other's toys? My daughter has toddler OCD and I just know that if we have a second child and it has the other kid's name on it, by daughter will not touch it because she won't think it's hers to play with - and she likely wouldn't let the other child play with the books because, after all, they have HER name on it. HA. They will need to learn to share, and I don't like their names on their toys and who they came from.

FYI - I perfectly understand writing names and dates on "special books" but not EVERY book.

Other than advice to talk to my MIL about it (she won't listen), is there any way to remove sharpie markers (other than write over them!)????