Old 08-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Lori L

While on vacation in a small private beach community in the southern Maine coastal area, I attended a local craft sale. It didn't take me long to find a booth with quilted items and I headed there first. I was looking over some 8 x 10inch wall hangings that I would describe as abstract/artsy in design which were machine quilted using stitch in the ditch and echo quilting. Then I looked at the price tag......3 times because I couldnt' believe it. $200!!! I thought it must be a typo and it should be $20 so I looked through the others.....nope....$200 was correct. Now don't get me wrong, they were nice but my first thought was "I could whip up a couple of these in an afternoon." There wasn't even $20 worth of fabric in the quilts. I told my family I was going back later and if she had sold any, I was renting booth space next year and selling some larger wall hangings and quilts and putting $750 - $1000 price tags on everything. LOL. I guess it just goes to show what tourists will spend. Needless to say, I left the craft sale without buying anything quilted :)