Old 08-14-2010, 04:44 PM
stefanib123

I keep seeing comments on here that ALL Walmarts are going to stop carrying fabric. Does anyone know this "for sure"?

The reason I ask is that I ask the lady that's been in the fabric dept. at my WM for years, and she said that they fought hard about 2 years ago to keep from losing our fabric dept. Our store was one of the top sellers of fabric, she said, and that helped a lot.

She also said that was when a lot of the stores done a "reset" and that just today, they had a meeting about the stores that didn't do one then would be doing one now. She said this started a lot of speculation in the store again,same as last time that the fabric dept. would be gone.But, that she didn't think that it would, that it was too big a seller in our store.

I love this lady. I talk to her forever every time I go in there. She always tells me stories, about her making her kids clothes growing up because she had to. She knows a lot about sewing/fabric, etc.

I don't know, though. With all the posts I see on here, that really coiincides with what she said, doesn't it?

Maybe this "reset" thing is why all these stores are losing their fabric depts?

I did get some of the A.E. Nathan "monthly" fabrics for $1 and $2 a yard! I also picked up some fabric that I seen for sale on here for $8 a yard for $2 !!! Niiiiice!

I think my WM is an anamoly, LOL! Really, they always have a lot of decent fabrics. Of course, they do have a lot of crappy stuff, but they have enough decent stuff to make many quilts.