View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 04:58 PM
mrspete

I thank you all for your responses. I have had a passion for quilts since I was a small child watching the elders hand stitch everything. My grandma used to make collars and cuffs and bibs for judges and lawyers in our town. They were the finest linen and all by hand and were startched just so. Her quilt was on a board that daddy nailed on the wall by her chair under the window. She'd just pull it out toward her and add to it. She was disabled with her walking before her 60's so she had everything at arms length, even a nosey grand daughter who worshiped her. I can't hand stitch worth a flip. Wish I could, but I'm about too old to get the grasp of it let alone hold a tiny little needle. Machine sewing is my love. I've sewn everything you can think of at one time or another, on this old Kenmore and I love her to pieces. I need a new cord or a new motor. I hope he can put just a cord on it. Keep yer fangers crossed, well think of crossing them. You can't sew with yer fangers tied up. Love
Ruth