View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 07:44 PM
wordpaintervs

A quick update, for those who are wondering what is going on with the dolls for kids with cancer.

Tonight I sewed up 7 more dolls for kids with cancer. I think there are at least 13 more dolls I can get from the fabric I have on hand. Tomorrow I will stuff at least two or more of the dolls, and after that will cut out the clothing and arrange whatever trim I will be using on the clothing. Not sure in which order I shall do what. I may cut out all the doll bodies first, and get them sewed, then cut out the dresses and put the trim with them...like a pre-made kit or something, then I can stuff the dolls, sew the clothes and dress the dolls one at a time. Takes a while getting a doll together... about 12 hours each. These dolls are 21 inches high, except for the boy dolls whcih will be about 24-25 inches tall.

That took about 3 hours and will be spending another 2 or 3 ironing fabrics and sorting them out into color catagories to make it easier to find for cutting out dresses and chemo caps when the time comes. Hope tomorrow to get to stuff some dolls after church, or tomorrow evening, one of the other. It's been a busy day, but I don't mind getting tired. When I feel tired, I think of those little children with cancer and what they go through, and the adults who need the chemo caps as well. Helps me see the whole picture much better.

Anyway, I just wanted to update, and thanks all of you from the bottom of my heart that have done so much to help out.

Vickey Stamps

As more dolls 'come to life' you will see them here. I hope you enjoy the postings. Take care and God Bless you all.