Thread: Crazy Quilters
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 01:56 AM
K.P.

My squares on the burgandy and gold quilt are 11X11, as a matter of fact, I used Bounty paper towel sheets as my foundation, works beautifully, and you don't take them out. with foundation sheets, you can plan on it being a heavier quilt, especially with all the top stitching dover all the seams of each block. I'm not sure how many blocks there are, but it works on my king-size bed with about 5 inches of overhang, so it's pretty big. It's shown in the picture I posted over a queen size bed. I did it over a period of time, it's a true crazy quilt, I didn't plan the patterns in the squares (probably no 2 exactly alike) or the colors... I wanted it red/burgandy, and I use a lot of fabric with burgandy in it, so every time I had scraps left over, I'd make a few more squares; pretty soon, I had it all done. There just happened to be a scrap I used a lot that had some gold/yellow in the background, so that's how I picked the contrast color; I wasn't pleased with the outcome at first, but it growing on me...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-97426.jpe