View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 06:08 AM
Mattee

Bearspaws,

I'm obviously in the minority here, but I've ordered at least five cuts of fabric, in addition to half a dozen kits over the last two years, and all of the fabric I have received has been incredibly thin. I was actually shocked when I got my first order because I had read about how their quality was supposed to be commensurate with the higher-priced fabrics, but I have never found it to be so. The thread count seems to either be extremely low or the threads extremely thin. I can see through all of their fabric I've received very easily, and it feels thin to the touch, as opposed to a lot of pricier fabric. I haven't had this problem yet with Moda, though I have heard of it happening on occasion. I can tell the difference between my CT fabric and most Moda or other pricey fabric just by touching it, with eyes closed, because of the difference in thickness. Also, some of the prints that look vibrant and full online show up and look rather weak and dull. Mostly because of the lack of thickness, I just use their fabric for wallhangings or items that won't get much wear. I just never get excited about their pricing anymore, because I figure it's so cheap because the quality is so poor.

Mattee