View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 08:14 AM
wordpaintervs

Originally Posted by grammynan
WOW!! What an awesome thing to do. So much comfort they must bring. You are an angel!!
I can't begin to imagine, even as a retired nurse, what these children are having to endure. I do know that, or at least hope it holds true, that little girls still like to cuddle and hold their dolls, and feel a type of kinship in having their very own dolls. It is my hope that despite their ordeal, and in the lonliness and confusion of what is going on with them when they get cancer, that they can do that with the doll and find comfort.

I hope that makes some kind of sense. It is such a small thing for me to do, in the face of it all, and I am glad I began to do these dolls and the chemo caps. I would not be able to do as many on my own without the loveing help given to me these past few weeks by woman all over the US in their packages of fabric and trims. I will continue to make dolls as long as the supply lasts. It sure isn't just me doing this. Everyone who prays for these little ones, who writes me with encouragement here, and who does their best to help their fellowman, has a part in promoting love, and that leads back to what is in each doll.

gosh, I got longwinded here. I suppose I have developed a passion about the dolls for the kids as well as the caps.

God Bless all out there and hope this mail isn't clear as mud. I believe the next doll will be number 14.

Vickey Stamps