View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 04:54 PM
All Thumbs

Laura, I have the Bernina 820 and had problems straight out with the BSR. Once they replaced the spring with a heavier duty one, everything went very smoothly. However, upon the 2X computer note that general maintenance was coming soon, (you can x out of the first 1X 2X times), like a good little seamstress, I took machine in for maintenance checking even though nothing was wrong but from that point on, I have had problems. The cutter snags thread and get jammed (spent over an hour clearing it just last night), then the needle threader would not work and they put in a new part only to have the part literally fall out by the next evening of sewing. After asking for a new cutting blade and adjustment, again, the automatic cutter does not cut either the bottom or the top threads. I am keeping a running list of date and what has happened to cause my time away from quilting and the next time in, I plan to talk with store owner in addition to the repairman. Considering the price tag of the 820, this is unheard of durability and service compared to the two other Bernina's which never gave me any tears and continue to sew beautifully. I do understand, however, that Bernina is retraining servicemen....for what I am not sure. Hopefully, Bernina will restore my faith in them soon and I hope you get a new BSR spring immediately.