Old 08-15-2010, 09:05 PM
fryguymoore

Originally Posted by weezie
Originally Posted by Honchey
The first # 7 I did finally came out great but it was 6" not 6.5". So I made another one trimed up each individual square, then did each row, measured,pressed, pinned took my time doing it. squared up each 1/4 block square and it came out better and I wasn't so agrivated the second time around. there's no forgiveness in blocks this small.
I recollect that you posted a picture of your 6" "birds in the air" block and, yes, it was very nice. What a bummer!

I have 1 final seam to sew on #7; then if it's FINALLY right, I'll press and trim (hopefully tomorrow). The thing is: block #26 (Cut Glass Dish) is the same sort, only more of the stinkin' little triangles. Of the 111 blocks, there may be more blocks like that, but I went into a sort of shock when I looked at block 26 and stopped flipping pages. I had already seen all the blocks when I read the book a few weeks ago, but now that I'm constructing them, I'm looking at them in a whole new light ... an I'm not liking some of them at all!
I did the exact same thing!!! I freaked after making #7 and began looking through the book. Now I am making an easy block after ever really hard one, it boosts my confidence. But so far, not enough for me to put the handle on that block #3