View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 11:00 PM
virtualbernie

Originally Posted by tweetee
Twice in the last month I have picked one up, where you are clicking on the link what ever it may be, and this pretend virus scanner comes up on your screen. It then locks out your ENTIRE system, everything, and the only thing you can do or go is to their website to buy there so called antivirus software. These scammers reallly annoy me, becasue they prey on the poor unsuspecting people who dont know any better and buy their so called software and then they have your personal details about everyhting, even your IP address.

Both times I had to restore my system, not that it was hard to do, just very annoying.
It got both my daughter's laptops within a month of each other! If you click to buy their software, that's a scam too. They take your money but the software is bogus! They got her computers because the children clicked it. No matter how much we told them not to click on things they didn't know, they did anyway :x We now have anti-spyware and malware programs in addition to our virus program!