View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 11:34 PM
Pat G

Originally Posted by trif
Okay this is a where I draw the line, using crumbs. I believe in going green and using up scraps, but seriously, a Crumb? Doesn't it cost more in thread than to just purchase 1/4 yard of fabric? And how on earth can anyone sew those itsy pieces together without using tons of thread. Is it really cost effective? Or do you crumb users enjoy the challenge? Share with me your rationale, cause I just don't get it.
I saw a show on the internet just a few days ago showing how to use crumbs. She used a dbl. sided fusible. Removed the paper on one side, pressed it to the backing, then removed the release paper from the other side. She then placed crumbs & pieces of any size all over the fusible. Make sure all areas are covered before pressing it all down. (you might want to use a pressing sheet). Then she did free motion stitching all over it to hold pcs. in place. If little bits fall off then, just let them go. This was not done for a quilt obviously but to use as fabric for bags or other sm. projects.