View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 12:04 PM
jrhboxers

What a deal. I was wondering if you were going to find it this morning or not. Keep that boy around - he has a good eye.

One thing - make sure that you read the manual and oil/grease all of the points listed in the book. It does look brand new but it has been sitting for years so it is probably dry. You don't want to ruin your beautiful baby. My husband found a Featherweight in the "Free to Good Home" section of our waste/recycle facility. He saw it and recognized the case. He figured it was just the case, but thought I would want it anyway. Well, it was a total, complete machine including the buttonhole attachment. It was really dry when I looked her over so I took her to my sewing machine guy. I usually take care of my grandma's Featherweight myself, but decided to invest the $$ to have it taken apart, cleaned and greased/oiled professionally. It was definietely worth the money.

Enjoy her - she will bring you numerous hours of sewing enjoyment. I have never had any machine that has run as well, as quiet, as smooth or makes as pretty of a stitch as my grandma's Featherweight.