View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Pat G

Originally Posted by redpurselady
Originally Posted by Pat G
Originally Posted by redpurselady
Here is the flannel blanket I finally finished. Don't know that I will be making one any time soon. I think I could have finished a queen size top with the time it took me to sew all those diagonals.
I found that to be boring to me after awhile, too. Did you sew up one row & down the other? I'm itching to make another one but I have too many things I need to do. Like painting the spare rm. I just got most of it primed then had to come ck. on here. We're all pathetic. LOL Just can't hit the sewing mach. til my work is done.
I admire your resolve - I usually find excuses to put off work around the house and get some sewing done. I did sew alternating directions. It got old after about getting half done. I do like the results and it will make a warm snuggly blankie for my granddaughter that will arrive in October. She will live in Maryland so she will put it to good use, unlike here in Texas.
Looks like my resolve isn't as good as I thought. I went upstairs to finish priming the spare rm. then since it was pretty hot in that rm. I gave up & went to my sewing mach. I'm learning to free motion & I'm really excited about it. I'm using Leah Day's Machingers gloves & they work like a charm. Now I'm free motion stitching everything I can get my hands on. The runner today is dated 2003. I found that once I got my rhythm between my speed & my hands it's really fun. If I go too long though, I start messing up & just have to stop.
I got the courage to get at it after listening to all of you. I have to give credit to Leah Day though. Her videos are wonderful.