View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 05:21 PM
wordpaintervs

Originally Posted by wordpaintervs
AN UPDATE OF MONDAY MORNING 8/16/10

The 4 dolls are now down at our small Crescent City ACS, where they will remain until in need of their new home. The most recent one before these three has been given to an eight year old named Maggie. Her parents are taking an apartment in San Francisco, CA to be with their daughter as she will be requiring eight months of cancer treatment. I pray she will survive the ordeal. This info came from the ACS office manager when I delivered the dolls this morning.

Another update

Thanks again to all of you for what you do. They are in need of a few more chemo caps, especially for adults, so I may try to make a few more of them, before the next doll. They only take about an hour or less to do per cap.

Vickey Stamps

Final update of the day: I have spent the afternoon cutting out 16 doll bodys. (5 will be boy dolls), and I have 4 girl bodys already sewn and ready for stuffing, plus one
girl doll stuffed and ready for the dresses. As I have mentioned, four dolls were delivered, so thanks for bearing with me, as progress is indeed being made. The little girls (and boys) will have a total of 21 more dolls in the future to 'bring to life' to fit into their arms. God is good. I figured on 20 and got 25, counting the 4 that went out today. Thanks to you all. It will be a few days before I do a doll. I am tired tonight, but as I say....my tireness is nothing compared to what the children go through. I think I will start a pair of socks for me, as I find that relaxing...then back to the sewing machine in 3 days or so.

Vickey Stamps

Hugs to all of you and to yours.

Vickey Stamps