View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Rita's mom

Hi Everyone,
I joined a few weeks ago and have loved reading everyones posts and comments on here. I finally got the courage up to introduce myself. I live in Colorado. I have a husband, two daughters, one dog, two cats and five horses.
My daughters are almost grown and after being a stay at home homeschool mom for 13 years it dawned on me (kind of unexpectedly) that they don't need my full time attention anymore! So......after putting everyone's needs before mine for a very long time, I've decided to start doing things for myself for a change and start building some friendships with people who have the same interests as I do.
Well quilting is my #1 interest, but I never seemed to get any time to finish any project that I started so hopefully now I will be able to spend more time doing what I love and get those UFO's finished! I also enjoy photography and gardening, and just so I can still feel needed (Ha Ha) I went out and got a crazy little blue heeler pup named Rita. She keeps things exciting around here!
I am so happy to find this forum. I have not been able to quilt consistantly enough to be very confident in alot of areas , so I love that there are so many wonderful quilters on here who are willing to share their helpful tips and advice with others not to mention their sense of humor!!! Ditter43 your bear story is hilarious! :lol: