View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 05:18 AM
quiltmom04

Originally Posted by Dee Dee
I am interested in purchasing EQ7. Is it worth $189? What do you do with it? Can you look at a pattern elsewhere and design your own with the software? Are there enough sample fabric pictures to get a really good idea of what a finished quilt will look like using similar fabrics? Do you absolutely love it, or just okay?

Where is the lowest price for it?
I got an early pre-order price of $68. I had EQ6 and upgraded. It does a lot of cool stuff, but you DO need to realize you will have to spend some time with it to learn the ins and outs, but I love it. There are loads of fabrics, hundreds of blocks and designs already in there. But you can design any block you can think of, set it in any way, there are constant fabric stash updates to download, and recently there have been 'webinars' to learn how to use the program. Do you HAVE to have it? No. You can certainly design with graph paper and colored pencils. But, I'M afraid I'll get left in the "technological dust", and if I resist the lastest computer program, that when I WANT to use it, it will have progressed to far for me to EVER catch up. Just like sewing machines. I talk to so many people who spent years resisting any kind of "computerized stitch selection" and are now so intimidated by the new machines, they are too afraid to even try. Just my thoughts.