View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 04:27 PM
quiltlady37

Who taught you how to quilt?I took a quilt as you go class. Hated it. Said I will never quilt again. A new employee came to work with me and she was beginning to quilt. I got the fever again.

What pattern was the first quilt you made?Triple Irish chain from that first class. I have never finished it. next was a variation of the Ohio Star.

Do you still have your 1st quilt?My first finished quilt is still in my possession.

Which of your quilts is your favorite and why?October Sky made for my son.

What do you do with the quilts you make?give them away. I have 3 children, 7 grandchildren and 9 ggc. They all have a quilt.

What is the oldest quilt in your collection?It is a quilt top made by my Mom when she was 14 years old. I will handquilt it one of these days.

Do you belong to a guild, or attend workshops?I belong to a small group and have gone to many retreats and workshops.

Have you ever entered a quilt in a quilt-show or fair?Yes, just locally.

Have you encouraged others to try quilting?Yes, my daughter and my granddaughter who is 10.

Why do you quilt?It gives me great pleasure to quilt, to give a quilt as a gift and to spend time with other quilters.