View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Marquilt

I wish I could turn up the original topic I saw last week about how we have dealt with our own slumps, but I cannot. This place really moves along fast! LOL

Anyway.

I had a long dry period with my own creativity during the past year, due mostly to RL problems. Usually I can overcome my mental blocks by going back in my room and playing with my fabric, or poking around in my quilt books, or even just cleaning up in there. None of that was working.

Then I happened to see one of Jennifer Chiaverini's Elm Creek quilt novels on display in the local library and remembered that I'd always meant to read the series. About half way through the books, something sprung free and I got busy again.

It wasn't that I wanted to make any of the quilts in the books, I don't know what did it really. It doesn't matter. It worked for me.

I have found a website that lists novels including quilters or quilts. Surprisingly, there are quite a number of them. I am saving the rest for the next down time. Perhaps some of the rest of you will find some inspiration here:

http://infohost.nmt.edu/~breynold/quiltfiction_adult.html