Thread: 9-11 Quilt
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 10:13 PM
stjoan

Hi everyone!
I would have responded sooner, but I just found this message board and I'm glad I did! There was a Yahoo group for the quilt Amy started, and it was pretty much the "official" group for the 9/11 Memorial Quilt. Not only was the quilt finished, it was displayed in Seattle in 2004, I believe. After that, the project sort of fizzled.

Last March Amy's mother put a note out on the Yahoo group asking for someone to come forward to get the project going again. I've been out of work, so I have plenty of time on my hands and said I'd do it. I've been trying to get a response from the person who took over the project after Amy passed away, but he's not answering my phone calls or e-mails. I've sent an e-mail to the church where I believe the panels are stored and asked if they are still there. I haven't heard back from them either.

I very much believe in this project and I'm getting it going again. Next year is the 10th anniversary of 9/11 and I would love to see the quilt displayed for that. I've made a Powerpoint presentation that has pictures of some of the blocks, panels, people involved, and the one time it was disiplayed. Maybe I can add a link to it from here. Does anyone know?

I will keep you posted as I make some more progress. I will also be starting a Facebook page and will post pictures there. The blocks are beautiful, and the panels were assembled and quilted very nicely.

Joan