View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Brandonsnana

Who taught you how to quilt? I basically taught myself. I had been sewing, making clothes, curtains etc for many years. I started quilting when I married my new husband. His ex-wife kept promising to make him a quilt and I decided I would try to quilt and actually make one for him.

What pattern was the first quilt you made? Double Irish Chain in Christmas colours

Do you still have your 1st quilt? We use it all the time

Which of your quilts is your favorite and why? A friend and I made one consisting of multi-coloured Maple Leaves around a log cabin which I designed myself.

What do you do with the quilts you make? Generally give the large ones as gifts. The lap size are donated for charity raffles or sold at craft shows.

What is the oldest quilt in your collection? I'm not sure of it's age, I think my husband's mother made it when he was quite young so it's probably 45 years old now.

Do you belong to a guild, or attend workshops? Don't belong to a guild (day job is a long commute so I don't have time) but I do attend classes when I see one that offers a technique I want to learn.

Have you ever entered a quilt in a quilt-show or fair? No. I'm really not interested in having my quilts critiqued. I know what I like and am happy with and that's what counts to me.

Have you encouraged others to try quilting? Yes I actually attend quilt retreats with a couple of friends who also quilt. Although they had made quilts in the past they weren't as active in quilting as they are now.

Why do you quilt? I love seeing the pattern 'come together' and I love fabric and sharing the results of my quilting.