View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 02:15 PM
barnbum

Originally Posted by MEEMA FIELD
That is a beautiful quilt, I am ashame to say this, but It would very hard for me to donated this quilt and not know whose going to end up with it and not appreciate all the time and work this beautiful quilt took.

You just thought me something. Not being selfish, just do a good deed no matter to/or for whom. :oops:
Well--it is just a panel with two borders. And it doesn't have a true binding... so although all quilts take hours, I wanted something to donate to the library this summer as part of my community service ideas. (I teach, so the summer gives me a chance to give back or share my hobbies.) I'm grateful I can put most any book I'd want to read on hold and have it show up at the library just 5 min from my home--all for free!! :-D They save me so much money and having a good book to read just makes life more fun. So, I guess it's a gift of appreciation.

When my new d-i-l said she LOOOVED it, I had a few seconds where I thought I should keep it for grandkids... but they are years down the road and I already have 5 quilts ready for them! AND there are more cute panels out there. :wink:

Quilts are beautiful--comforting--time consuming--made with love--but they are still in the "stuff" category.