Old 08-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Psychomomquilter

Hon, I really hope I wasn't too strong, but you are something very special, and you CAN do what ever you set your mind to do! hey here it is..... I am 63, widow, now I could feel sorry for myself(which I have by the way) get depressed(which I have) but I had to make the decision, am I going just to sit here and die or do something about it?

look at some women, Mary Crowley(Home Interiors & Gifts) a divorcee, two small children; this is in the mid fifties, and she created a mega company, lets not forget Mary Kay( a multi mega bucks, and its make up)
I went to college 5 years ago, graduated with an Associates degree, and really expecting to find a job. Two things happened, No experience, they got someone more "qualified"
Now here I sit with an associates degree, gathering dust. boy I really can get depressed! No one wants to hire me, and my mind set kicks in, I am too old!!!! there are other things I can do, bake cakes, and decorate them, sew pillows and sell them, crochet towel tops and sell them, genealogy ,I love doing , and writing, now I am learning to quilt which is a bit hard for me.. can you imagine I failed math?? hehehehe, now I am doing squares, triangles, rectangles, hehehehe yes I laugh about it!
oh heres another thing, 2003 in May I had auto accident, crushed ankle, fractured wrist. so when you complain of no shoes, you turn a corner and see someone with no feet,
I am sure you are having a rough time, and forgive me if I sounded hard earlier. but we all are here to help each other, right?I have a rough time too, money is real tight for me. I have to pinch those pennies, and I don't have that many bills b ut what does come in , goes to those bills. I'd like to sell the pillows , towel toppers I have created for extra money, but its a slow process. So you hang in there ok? and I want to see results from you, um, hear results. And I can say one thing, I did gain weight, was hard for me to lose the weight, I am determined to lose the rest of this weight and I know I can! Love ya kid, and if you need a shoulder to cry on, heres one! Mary