View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 03:05 PM
laurac

Originally Posted by Millstream Mom
There are so many wonderful quilters out there that I thought I'd play "Tell Me About...." I'm sure there are some fascinating quilting stories!

Who taught you how to quilt?
What pattern was the first quilt you made?
Do you still have your 1st quilt?
Which of your quilts is your favorite and why?
What do you do with the quilts you make?
What is the oldest quilt in your collection?
Do you belong to a guild, or attend workshops?
Have you ever entered a quilt in a quilt-show or fair?
Have you encouraged others to try quilting?
Why do you quilt?
i'm a newbie and i'm learning to quilt by the seat of my pants and reading here. (lqs doesn't have beginner class til october)
first quilt was for my grandson's birth. just blocks made from the corners where a cut fabric out for sheets i made for him. heavily hand quilted on the back with several free hand kinds of fish, sea grasses, bubblesm waves, sea turtles. he still has (and loves it, he's 3) and its my favorite. i've made another for my second grandson, one for my great grandson and i'm working on my first queen sized for my son
haven't taken workshops or joined a quild unless you count this site. i'm not anywhere close to entering a quilt in any format. but i'm happy even with all the mistakes i make.
i have encouraged others but really haven't found anybody who wants to do it.
i love it because i get a variety of things to do - planning, cutting , machine piecing, handquilting. i love to have any kind of handwork to do in evenings when i get home from a tiresome day at work.