View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Charlee

Extremely tired, but we had fun! :) We got to our motel at about 12:30am Tuesday morning (we left right after work on Monday) and were back up at 4:00am for William to go fishing. He came back at about 4:00 pm...I spent the day wandering a couple of shops and then went and sat outside with the dogs at a viewpoint and did some handwork until he got back. :) At one shop, she had a BEAUTIFUL Singer handcrank that was sitting in a nice treadle cabinet...for $65.... and a big "SOLD" sign on it! I nearly cried over that one...

We wandered around Tillamook for a bit, and then found another motel (first one was in Garibaldi) had dinner, went and sat in the hot tub for a bit and then hit the hay!

Today, we hit the road home and some antique stores....I found a Singer 66-1 (backclamp attachments) that was commissioned on February 24, 1916 in Elizabeth, NJ. Someone put an aftermarket motor on it with a knee lever type of pedal....I may take that off and put it in a treadle cabinet. It's got a few attachments with it... and is a Redeye, of course. Lovely price too... $15! Needs cleaning, of course, and oil....easy enough!

Am glad to be home...will post pics tomorrow....have you all behaved?