View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 04:53 AM
mirabelle

What a great thread... here goes
Who taught me how to quilt, I'm self taught, made my first quilt in 1987

What pattern, it was Eleanor Burns Log Cabin Quilt in a Day, it took me 6 weeks and I made it for my son

do I still have my first quilt, sadly no, I think my son loved it to death

Which is my favourite, I have several, a King size Cream Lace which taught me lots of different techniques, a Teddy Bear applique quilt for my first grandchild (still waiting) and my Baltimore Album quilt that took me 10 years to needleturn applique.

What do I do with my quilts, give them to family members

Oldest Quilt - really don't have an old one

Do I belong to a guild or club and attend workshops, yes I belong to 2 groups, I attend an annual retreat with one group who I support by making small quilts for women who have suffered miscarriages or stillbirths, the other group I belong to meet every week and in between quilting, eating, chatting and laughing we make quilts for the childrens ward at our local hospital. I also love attending workshops when I can.

Ever entered a quilt in a show, yes I have, scary at first and I was lucky to win a Blue Ribbon

Have I encouraged others, Yes my daughter started learning patchwork and quilting when she was 8, she is now 27 and thinking of starting a Dear Jane Quilt. I also taught patchwork and quilting classes for many years

Why do I quilt, it makes me happy, my husband always says he knows where to find me I'm always working in the factory (sewing room)