View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 05:49 AM
Favorite Fabrics

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by sarahbelle
I placed an order on 6/28 with the Fabric Depot (had never used them, but they were having some good sales). I still am waiting on the order. I have placed two calls to them in the meantime, checking on the status. Some of the items were backordered (and still are). I feel bad and don't want to cancel the order because they already cut some of the Bella solids that I ordered. But honestly, at what point would you just say enough is enough and cancel the order?
Did they tell you when the backordered items were due in? They should have that information available. They may - or may not - have already cut the solids. Backorders are always an "iffy" thing, because sometimes a shop will place an order for a fabric, and a second printing of it never happens. (I'm a buyer for a shop, so I know a bit about "how it works".)

I would say that you should call them again, and ask them to give you a definite ETA for the fabrics. If they give you a date, then you can decide if the timeframe works for you. If they don't seem to knowa date, and you're not comfortable waiting, don't feel awkward about canceling. Are they still holding those solids for you? If you're fairly confident that you can find the backordered fabrics elsewhere, maybe you could have Fabric Depot ship the solids.

One last thing... if Fabric Depot can't give you an ETA on the fabircs, if you can tell me the manufacturer and collection, I might be able to get some info for you through my connections.