Old 08-19-2010, 06:05 AM
Weedwoman

Originally Posted by skeetersmom
OMG!!!!!!!!! I am a newbie on this board.......just wanted to learn how to quilt.........but after seeing this thread, I am absolutely hooked on the old machines already. I am a great-grandma, and it's probably pretty late to begin a search for a sewing machine or two from the past, but I am compelled to give it a try.

Thanks for this thread, love reading and seeing the pictures of old machines that I so well remember.

I'm not sure where to begin my search for a featherweight and a treadle, but I'm going to begin the search. I've never bought anything off e-bay or craig's list which I've seen mentioned here. If anyone here has suggestions, I'm interested in hearing about them.
I'm fairly new to this list also, you'll love being involved with it. Everyone is so helpful and getting to see pics of all the machines really whets ones appetite for shopping for the next addition to our machine family.
You are never too old to begin collecting these old machines. I, too, am a great grandma (3x's). I truly love collecting and using these machines and my husband enjoys cleaning them up and is wonderful at it so it gives us something to do together. He's 71 and I'm 64 so I figure we have lots of years left to enjoy this fun endeavor. You'll love it also. Happy hunting.