View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 06:17 AM
mhansen6

I have always sewn. I used to make all my girls clothes. Over the years they stopped wanting the clothes mom made so I switched to quilting. I went to the Sisters Quilt Show one year and I was hooked. I took a class at my LQS and have been quilting ever since.
My first full quilt was a stack and wack that my daughter has. My favorite quilt was the one I just gave my nephew for his wedding present. It was crossed stitched iris that my mother did before she passed away. I took the blocks and quilted them into a huge king sized quilt. My nephew cried when he saw the quilt, because he could remember his Grandma cross-stitching the block. It meant alot to him.
I have several quilts that my Grandmother made back in the 40's that I inherited when my mother passed away.
I don't belong to a quild, because I work full time and they meet during the day. But a friend of mine and I go to quilt classes together whenever we get a chance. I also go to a quilting retreat twice a year put on my Tater Patch Quilts in Merrill, OR at the Box R Ranch. This year I am making Raggedy Ann and Andy quilts for the Quilts for Kids.
My husband and I go to the Sisters Quilt Show every year. We both enjoy the works of art.
I quilt because it gives me the chance to sew. I love to sew. Sewing is an artistic outlet for me and I love it. I can't wait to retire to quilt all the time.