View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 06:59 AM
catrancher

Who taught you how to quilt? My grandmother taught me to love it, Lorraine G. at our local community college taught me how. And I'm a lot self-taught.

What pattern was the first quilt you made? Nine Patch and Rail.

Do you still have your 1st quilt? Yes, it hangs in my sewing room.

Which of your quilts is your favorite and why? Oh I couldn't possibly name a favorite. I'm partial to the "Winning Hand" that I made for my son. His is called "Salsa" (see below)

What do you do with the quilts you make? Most are gifts, some go to charity, some stay here, one is on my bed, two are in our family room to wrap up in, two are on a quilt rack, and all the cat quilts hang in the stairwell.

What is the oldest quilt in your collection? Two that my grandmother made that are around 70 years old. I had some older ones, but I donated them to a museum.

Do you belong to a guild, or attend workshops? Yes, I belong to a guild, No I don't attend workshops.

Have you ever entered a quilt in a quilt-show or fair? No, but maybe next year.

Have you encouraged others to try quilting? No. Everyone I know says it looks too tedious. My best friend says that all those little pieces make her itch.

Why do you quilt? Because I love the color and the order, and the feeling of gratification that comes from giving them away and showing them off.

My son's quilt, "Salsa"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]99412[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-99407.jpe