View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Grammy o'5

I've been studying a lot too (currently taking pharmacology - required to become a registered nurse).
One thing that sometimes helps if I'm not "getting it" is to rephrase your notes as a question.
Another thing is to go to the end of the chapter, read the questions & maybe take a few notes on the questions, then go back and read the sections of the chapter that pertain to that question and figure out the answer as you go.
It also helps to tell someone (even if it's the dog or cat - stuffed animal if you don't have real ones) about what you've just read. It sticks in your head longer if you try to explain it to someone else.
If it's a subject that you can sketch diagrams of, that might help too. I've had to draw pictures of kidneys, heart, etc and draw arrows pointing to what part of the body certain drugs effect and what they do ... increase or decrease heart rate, increase or decrease blood pressure, etc.
Removing distractions also helps (or turning off TV, computer) ... and here I am instead of studying! LOL!
Hope that helps. Don't give up, you'll "get" it. :thumbup: