View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 11:37 AM
KatFish

Originally Posted by sewmom
Originally Posted by KatFish
I LOVE my old vintage Singers. I hate the newer ones they make today with all plastic gears. I have a Feather weight, Singer 99, 223, 301, 401, 500, and 774 and I love them all. I also have a "Pink" atlas sewing machine and a green Montgomery Ward sewing machine that I got at an auction for a song. They sew the straightest seams, and are still very easy to find parts for. I can do most of the maintence myself, so I don't have to take tem in for repairs so much. Pull out that old machine and use it. You'll love it.
Katfish, i have my Mom's Pink Atlas. unfortunately it's been in the basement forever and i don't know if it even works. But this thread has inspired me to get it out of the basement, into the daylight and see if it works. all the neat little attachments are there too. i also have a treadle that was my great aunts that needs a new belt. maybe i'll get that working too. as soonas i can get my room cleaned enough to get near it! LOL
Love the manuel that came with mine. Has a 50's housewife sewing in pearls and a lace. I feel so under dressed when I use it. LOL :lol: